Thursday, May 22, 2008

Madewell is coming online (finally)!

I just got an email from Madewell for free shipping on their 1937 denim jeans (the offer is for orders over the phone and expires on 5/30/2008). As of right now, you can only purchase their items over the phone or in-store.

That wasn't the exciting part. The exciting part was what was beneath the denim offer:
That is right! Your eyes do not deceive you. Madewell is finally going to sell its merchandise online!!! Although I still plan on visiting the store in SoHo this month, it will be nice to have another online site (that just happens to be J.Crew-owned) to browse and shop at. (However, J.Crew will forever stay my No.1 fav retail stop!)

If you want to sign up for their announcements and promos, the link is: http://www.madewell1937.com/SP07/signup.html

Is it sad that I am excited about this news? Are you guys looking forward to Madewell Online like me?

12 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this! I really like the madewell store, but since the closest one from my house when I'm not at school in NYC is an hour away, I'm having withdrawal symptoms now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anabelle! Glad to hear that there are others looking forward to Madewell coming online. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Arrivals are at JCrew; just up:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looked at all the new June arrivals. Maybe we need a new post heading for this one! What is everyone lusting after now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. jagjag2, I saw the new arrivals, too. I love everything, the martinique jacket, in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Madewell news but I got enough on my plate keeping up with what I want at JCrew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The M. Jacket is a very unique piece. I bet it sells quickly:) Good choice.

    I like the watercolor paisley collection of pieces...not to wear together though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you think of the metallic linen tunic top? I saw it in the store last week and love the fabric but am not as fond of the style. I also really like the tie swing cardigan. And the striped french tie cardigan, although I not usually partial to stripes.

    The watercolor paisley collection is very nice, too. I love it whenever new collections come out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have to see the Met Linen Tunic Top in person to decide. Online the fabric looks very nice but the style is kind of plain. Why doesn't JCrew have ZOOM as an option on its website??? Everyone else does!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi guys! I took your (fabulous) suggestion and created a new post about new arrivals.

    Many of the items look wonderful. I can't wait until I get them (on sale of course!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK. I am already married but I still like to look at the wedding dresses...the two new arrivals have to be the worst wedding dresses JCrew has ever come up with!!!

    Also, I am a big fan of JCrew madras but the new madras shift reminds me of something my grandmother would have worn.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jagjag2, I actually *really* like the Lucienne gown. I think it is quite beautiful the way it drapes. But I tend to favor that style (fitted bodice with full skirt).

    But I totally agree about the Annabelle gown (not an attractive shape).

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)