Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another Aficionada Visits The Collection Store {yey!}

I really enjoyed reading Lindsay and Roxy's {fantastic} reviews of the new J.Crew Collection store in NYC in the "Aficionadas Visits the J.Crew Collection Store :)" post. They both did a great job of describing the store and what to expect (e.g. available merchandise). :)

Another aficionada, Cortney, recently visited the J.Crew Collection store and was kind enough to share with us her review too:

"I visited the Collection store in NYC recently... It was beautifully, beautifully done. It was filled with vintage furniture, art books, glass display cases, and "curiosities." The floors were a beautiful unstained wood and the dressing rooms were luxurious - mine had a vintage chandelier, 50s era wallpaper, and a white wool shag rug. The associates and doorman/security guard seemed to be on best extra-polite behavior. ... I was surprised that the selection was not only Collection, but also regular clothes too. There were some regular and Collection items that I had not seen at the other stores in NYC, so I was excited about that. The selection was very well-edited, it was a small store but everything they had was special. The shoe wall was amazing. I tried on the Babette heels in yellow, and they are now on my wish list for sale time! I bought a skirt that was also unfortunately available at other stores, it would have been nicer to find something unique to the store, but oh well. And the bags they give you are all white with white J.Crew embossed on them. I thought it was worth the trip."

"Thanks!" again to Cortney, as well as Lindsay and Roxy, for their great reviews of the Collection Store. I really enjoy reading everyone's perspective on the J.Crew Collection store. :) I feel like I know so much about the store and what to expect thanks to all the reviews! :) Lastly, those dressing rooms sound divine (and better decorated than any of the rooms in my home)! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Personally, I would rather JCrew improve their quality control and shipping issues than open fancy stores...lots of window dressing and fancy dressing rooms don't mean anything if they don't get their act togeter soon...

    I don't mean to sound harsh or nasty but it is hard to read about collection stores when the basic customer is having so many issues.

    I would visit one though just for fun if I had one close by...still loving the Crew but sometimes it is really frustrating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because you can't visit the store Anon . . . Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff,
    Don't understand your comment at all...what the heck are you trying to say??? (not that it probably matters...)

    My comments have NOTHING to do with being able to visit a store or not...

    In fact, I was near one last weekend and choose to do other things than shop! Like visit friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually hated the dressing rooms lol. the shag carpet really turned me off and they are only 4 of them spread out in the 4 corners of the store. they aren't very large and it's tough to get one if there are a lot of people shopping. it's the kind of store where women take in 500 items and have their personal shopper tell them how amazing they look in each peice and then they buy them all, taking their sweet time while i'm waiting for a room. i am used to normal j crews where people have their handfuls and are in and out. this high end shopper type had me waiting so long i just bought a few of everything and walked out the door and tried them on in my apartment haha. oh well. i know j crew values those customers more than me which i am ok with. i can't spend $5000 per trip but that's what people are doing at this store. hopefully it will help j crew in the long run :) and i know i sound cynical but i LOVE having a nice, cute j crew near my apartment. it's a very fun store to browse with very nice sales people :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)