Monday, February 16, 2009

J.Crew's Frank Muytjens (a look at his office)

First, a big "thanks!" to J.Crew Guy In Canada & Mitchell (in this post) who shared with us a great article about Frank Muytjens, J.Crew’s VP of men’s design. Second, "thanks!" to the blog "A Continuous Lean" (where the article comes from) for being so awesome! :)

Click here to read the article "From the Desk of… is a window into the world and workspace of some of ACL’s most stylish friends" and to see some additional images of Mr. Muytjens office.

What are your thoughts on the article? What are your thoughts on his inspiration boards (e.g. do you like the color scheme?)

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis, I wanted to ask you if it would be possible to do an entry on eBay. Not complaining about resellers :) but to offer hints on getting the best deals and best quality items. I don't have much experience with eBay, and sometimes I see what looks like a good deal, but I'm never sure, and I'm never sure if the seller is reputable. I know many JCA's have experience, and I would appreciate some tips! Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like his office..its neat, yet comfy..I would love to come to work there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting article...thank you JCrew Guy In Canada and Mitchell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the website, I spent some time enlarging the photos and studying Frank's workspace.

    On the "about ACL" page, Michael Williams has some notes on posting messages. He says that if you send him a message without a valid email address he won't post it. I don't know the amount of work involved in this, but maybe it's a possible solution to our little "issue"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how the office, while most likely tided up, is a working one and not simply staged for the photo shoot. I was surprised at the amount of books stacked on the corner.

    The inspiration wall of photos and the fabric samples are the things I found most interesting. I'd like to also go through the books and browse and read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy seeing stacks of books in people's offices... seems inviting. Always interesting to see where people find their inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)