Thursday, February 4, 2010

Madewell Email: The coolest shoe on the horizon

"Thanks!" to Marietta who shared the latest email Madewell (click here) sent earlier this week.

The email features the Sunset Sandal ($128.00) which is described as the following: "Seriously, how cool are these sandals? Vintage-y wood soles, wide leather straps– we can't get enough of them.".

I actually like the thickness of the leather straps, but I am not feelin' the chunky soles.

What are your thoughts on the Sunset Sandal? Do you like or dislike the style? Are you a fan of the wide straps and wood soles? :)

4 comments:

  1. Wide straps, yes. Clunky soles, no. I lived through the 90s once, I'd prefer not to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love me a wooden sole. May be my Dutch ancestry but whatever. J.Crew had some nice wooden-soled clogs and slides in the past and I bought almost every single style and still wear them all.

    Can't say I care for this Madewell pair though. Something too gladiator-ish about them. Never bought glads, never will.

    Cheesy, Earth shoes have the toe higher than the heel, which seems really odd to me but apparently they have quite a following. These are definitely not Earth shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)