Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alexa Chung for Madewell {coming in August!}

As mentioned in the February 16th "Alexa Chung Debuts for Madewell" post, Alexa Chung (model & former MTV host) presented her line of clothes. The following article from HollyScoop (click here) reveals that the line will be available for purchase this August.
Alexa Chung Designs Line for Madewell
By Bridget Daly

March 01, 2010


British model Alexa Chung has just debuted her very own collection for Madewell! The best-dressed female by Vogue has teamed up with the J.Crew-owned company for the line.


She told StyleList at the launch, held at the Bowery Hotel in NYC, "I really love the brand and actually wear it, so it seemed like an easy-peasy choice.”


The collection is reminiscent of our school-girl days—cardigans, velvet shorts, blouses, and jumpers. Chung says Madewell’s “vision is kind of the same as mine. They like laid back styles, they like kind of relaxed clothes — classic, timeless things. So when they asked to collaborate, it was a perfect fit,” she said.


The collection hits Madewell stores in August, and price points begin at $59!

To view additional images of the "Alexa Chung for Madewell" line, click here & here. Also, check it out over at Madewell's Facebook page.

I am curious about this new collection. There are certain pieces that are super cute (like the polka dot dress shown below)!
Are you excited about Alexa Chung's collection over at Madewell? Are there any pieces you are interested in? Will you be getting any of her pieces? :)

6 comments:

  1. I feel like the pieces being offered are ones I can find at my local thrift store for much less money, not to mention that they're similar to clothing that was around when I was in junior high/high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, FFM. Nothing new under the sun it seems sometimes! The dresses aren't too shabby though, if the hemlines are lower on us non-model folk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall I'm not a huge fan of the menswear/androgenous look but I do like the polka dot dress but I fear the hemline will be short trying to attract teensters. I think I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was disappointed in the pieces because I can't wear any of them, at size 14 none of these items would work for me. Also, the dresses are too girlish and would look ridiculous in the workplace. I really admire Alexa's style sense, particularly before she became uber-famous, but I don't think this collection really does it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'm not young enough to get why she's so cool. I've watched her show on MTV, looked at some coverage of her online and don't get it. Not slamming her as a person. I just don't get what's exciting about her style. My cool vibe must be low.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Gigi - I agree with you. I like Alexa Chung's style not because I think its cool... its just different and kind of like a breath of fresh air since her stuff is so simple and effortlessly put together, than what we associate with bling and shine-laden celebrities. But the 'little school girl-boy look' skews a bit too much on the overdone side.. ; it would actually end up looking ridiculous if worn at the wrong place, wrong time and amongst people who don't understand it.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)