Wednesday, March 24, 2010

J.Crew At-the-Mountain Storefront {aspen edition}

J.Crew shared an image through its Facebook page (click here) of the J.Crew At-the-Mountain storefront. They also share the following:
On Thursday, March 18th J.Crew at-the-mountain hosted a party to celebrate Aspen Fashion Week. Haute Toddies were served and guests enjoyed shopping and getting to chat one-on-one with J.Crew Creative Director Jenna Lyons.
Although it is only one image, the storefront sure does look pretty! After a quick search, I found an interior shot of the store over at the New York Times Style Magazine Blog (click here to read the article in its entirety).

The article also shares the following tidbit:
The other big news is the arrival of J. Crew, where in addition to picking up the brand’s Americana-inspired basics, clientele can browse through a curated library sprinkled with objects from Kelly Wearstler and pieces from local ski brands. “If Paris is bright beauty, then Aspen is quiet beauty,” says Jenna Lyons, the brand’s creative director, who outfitted the shop with velvet curtains and dressing-room doors lined with silk satin.
The store kind of reminds me of the Collection Store (for women) and the Liquor Store (for men) in NYC, since the decor is unique to its location & it will be carrying one-of-a-kind pieces. Loves it! :)

The location for this store is:
205 Mill Street
Aspen, Colorado 81611
(970) 544-1631

5 comments:

  1. There is a good-sized outlet at Silverthorne, too. But it's not nearly as swank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in(be prepared for lots of gushing):

    I visited Aspen this past fall and checked just had to check out Jcrew On the Mountain. IT WAS FREAKING GORGEOUS. PERIOD. END OF STORY.
    There are seven Jcrews in Colorado, three are outlets, and I've been to six of them. The Denver and Lone Tree locations are excellent. Always helpful, clean and organized. So this is pretty much what I was expecting from Aspen, but I couldn't have been more wrong. It was small, I'll say that right off the bat, but if as a child you ever imagined living inside a jewelry box or the I Dream of Jeanies lamp this was pretty damn close.
    Everything was perfectly placed and displayed. It was as if it was the most delectable candy store you've ever been in and everything available was calling to you Buy Me. The colors and palettes of the fall collection seemed to glisten in mountain sunlight and sparkled with jewels and embelishments. There were beautiful touches of wood and stone as if it were an upscale boutique instead of a retail store. If I was ever able to have my dream walk-in closet this would have been it.
    Having said all that, the only thing that I didn't like was the sales associates. Unlike the other stores they were aloof and unfriendly as if it were Chanel and not somewhere to find reinventions of the ruffle every month.
    But every time I think about it I wish the other locations were just a little bit more like Aspen, it was just too gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with jinks on the decor. I have been to this J.Crew twice and it is stunning. Definitely rivals the Collection Store on Madison Ave for interior. I found the Denver J.Crews to be very small and under-stocked and the Aspen store has equally little stock but it's better curated. They also have the one-of-a-kinds that you see here in NYC. Not every one of them was to my taste but it was nice to see. Worth a visit if you're in Aspen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the store is beautiful! Small and boutique-ish. I have to tell you though, I was so disappointed in the staff there. I was on vacation 3/18, stopped into the store and overheard someone talking about an event that evening. At checkout I asked about it and the woman offered up no details or that Jenna would be appearing for it. I bought a number of things and paid with my J.Crew card. Being such a loyal customer and a big fan, it was such a bummer to have missed Jenna. I think this speaks more to the culture of Aspen and not that of J.Crew. Although, given Aspen's economic climate, they'd better be a bit more gracious toward their customers. Aspen retailers are hurting. I hope J.Crew can stick it out. Sorry for the rant...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raina Cox: Thanks for the heads up on the outlet! :)

    Jinks, Roxy, Heidi: Thanks for sharing your experience visiting this store. It sounds like this store is just as gorgeous in-person as it is in their pictures. Delicious! :)

    Although, I have a feeling it has the same atmosphere as the Collection Store in NYC from what Jinks & Heidi experienced (with the sales associates). Which is unfortunate. All customers should be treated equally and fairly.

    Heidi: Sorry to hear you were not invited to the event. It was a huge loss on their part!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)