Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crewcuts Email: introducing a new favorite jacket (plus, free shipping)

"Thanks!" to Desert Flower & Marietta, who shared the following email from Crewcuts this weekend.

The email features the Kids' Military Jacket (Item 21515; $75.00) from the Boy's Crewcuts line. (Click here to shop all Boy's Jackets online.) The jacket is described as:
Inspired by a U.S. military jacket, this is a classic utility style to keep your little soldier warm. We love the hood that zips into the collar. Lightweight cotton chino.
I love this jacket! Not only does the style remind me of the Downtown Field Jacket (Item 19034; $148.00), but I am jealous that the boy's version has a hidden-hood. (I want my jacket to have that feature too!)

P.S. I am glad that some of you mentioned this, because I thought it was just me... but what is up with the Downtown Field Jacket (Item 19034; $148.00) returning to full-price?!? Over the holidays, I got this jacket for $59.99 and was pretty pleased at that price. At a few points, it even went down to like $40 (with the additional percent off during the after-holidays sale). Now it is back at full-price. Seems bizarre to go from sale (not even promotional sale) to full price after several months, right?

What are your thoughts on the Crewcuts Jackets? Do you think you will pick some up at your local J.Crew & Crewcuts stores?

4 comments:

  1. I'm used to the crazy JC pricing when items are re-introduced...and I count on JCAs here to remind me what the old price was! :)

    As cute as this jacket is, I'm not going to get it for DS. We bought a very similar jacket to this from GapKids last season and I was able to use our discount coupons from BR online for it. The cost? A whopping $20 shipped....fabulous fabric too. I kind of wish I had thought of snagging an XL kids for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis,

    I asked a CS this same question regarding the Downtown Field Jacket. She explained that the new version (new design/more colors) available in July will be for the fall roll-out and will not be the same version that went on sale late last year. So ...the jacket will have the same name, but it might just be a totally different jacket, hence the $148 pricetag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audball: Too funny about being used to the pricing! ;)

    Courtney: Thanks for letting me know there will be another version of the Jacket. However, I am still baffled why the *current* version jumped in price. The jacket I have (Item 19034) has the same item number as the one currently on the website (http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Feature_Assortment/NewArrivals/jacketsouterwear/PRDOVR%7E19034/19034.jsp) for the full price. It's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lovely 6 year old daughter, who really doesn't generally care for any girly clothing, absolutely won't wear pink. However, when she saw the field coat she ran to it, we bought it for her and I picked up a matching coat. They have been fun to wear together, very sporty and a practical color; as for the cost, we bought it in an 8 and rolled up the sleeves and pulled in the waist band. It is really very sweet on her, she loves it and will get good wear out of it. As a rule we generally buy less, but try to only have clothes that are better quality...who needs a clothing battle with a six year old?

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)