Sunday, April 11, 2010

Final Sale Ending Soon {april 13th to be exact} :)

The April 8th post "J.Crew Email: Shop our final sale. Only 5 days left." announced that the "Final" in "Final Sale" would be removed and to quickly shop now before it ends (um, okay). ;) However, the email also raised some concerns whether Final Sale (click here) would be entirely removed.

A big "thanks!" to Nichi (in this post) who shed some light on the situation for us:
This email really bothered me. I thought I wasn't "getting it" as I didn't see the down-side to final sale being gone. So, I sent them an email...

"I received an email today saying that final sale will be over in 5 days. What happens in 5 days? Are sale items being removed from the site? Going back up to full price? Able to be returned again? I guess I just don't understand the email."

This was the response I received...

"Hello, Sorry to hear there was any confusion regarding our sale site -happy to help clarify.

While our sale section will remain online, the items will no longer be noted as final sale. Items currently on our sale site are available in limited quantities and will sell out soon. Our spring sale site, however, will be up shortly."

So, there it is, you will shortly be able to RETURN AGAIN!!
Hopefully this helps clear up any confusion from the email J.Crew sent. Lastly, "yey!" for the end of "Final Sale". :)

14 comments:

  1. Hooray! No more final sale AND new spring sale? Awesome! Thanks to Nichi for getting the scoop. I wonder how big the sale section update will be on Wednesday morning. Too bad I live on the East Coast and can't stay up until 4 am-ish to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say again, that I don't have any problem returning final sale items. I recently bought a pair of pants I knew were from last summer - they were white and too sheer - no problem taking them back. I've also noticed that items don't always say final sale on the invoice or packaging. Either way, no problem. I neatly fold items and return to a B&M in original packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SE Mom,
    Definite exception to the rule. All 3 stores I frequent in my area support final sale and no returns as well as the two I used to go to before moving....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to second what SE Mom is experiencing. I just returned several Final Sale items this week to my B&M. None were noted as FS on the packing slip or bag label although they were ordered during the FS period. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J Crew is so silly that way. Thanks to Nichi for the lowdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if it isnt noted final sale on the invoice it isnt final sale. If it says "finalsale" on the invoice it is final sale and J. Crew does not have to take the item back unless it is defective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, agree with comments below mine. During final sale some items don't come up as final sale on receipt and those are returnable. But the ones that are noted as Final Sale are not returnable unless defective or not right item in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily, a lot of JCA's are hip to that... you may want to delete your comment so that Big Brother doesn't read it and change things, as they have been known to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So this clears up not a thing. Dollars to donuts the sale section on the 14th will have the same items it had on the 13th. Maybe less of them - but chances are nothing changes. Silly indeed! Sillier still that an item can be "final sale" - which to most people might mean bargain basement clearance sale prices - yet aforementioned item can be marked as $69.99 or MORE! Seriously! What kind of nutso markdown is that!? I should write to my PS and see what kind of response I get too. Super-curious to see why they'd bother broadcasting the end of the final sale. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BIG update this morning. So I think this might be it for the week as it is pretty HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In the past the only thing that has updated when the change occurs is the sale page. It will say Spring Sale instead of Final Sale.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genny, I am really sorry to hear that you continue to have such bad luck with JCrew :( All of the damaged goods you receive, on top of your stores not accepting return of FS items, and then your teacher discount never being applied to promo items. Geesh!

    Several times you have pointed out that "sometimes you get lucky" or "exception to the rule," but if you call CS and ask, they will tell you (at least every time I ask and receive) that the teacher discount does not apply to items ending in .99, but does apply to promo prices. As for returning final sale items to the store . . . well, I agree with what others have said.

    In any case I hope your "luck" turns soon.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)