Thursday, May 20, 2010

J.Crew Spotted in Glamour Magazine

A big "thanks!" to Kim, who not only let us know about two J.Crew items being spotted in the latest issue of Glamour Magazine, but also scanned the image for us to view! (Click on the image to see it larger.)

The image features both a J.Crew top and the ever-so-cool Panama Hat (Item 23793; $58.00) which J.Crew shares as the following:
The legendary Panama hat gained its iconic status when President Theodore Roosevelt wore one on his visit to the Panama Canal. Since then, these hats have graced the heads of style greats ranging from Ernest Hemingway to Paul Newman (you can't get much more authentic than that). Woven entirely by hand in Ecuador from fronds of the toquilla palm (so no two are exactly alike), it's the perfect tomboy touch to pretty much any ensemble. Straw. Interior cotton sweatband. Import. Available in select stores.
I love the concept of the Panama Hat but I just don't think I can pull it off. Also, I don't have any place (like on holiday at some amazing beach resort) to really wear a hat like that too. Ah well! :)

What are your thoughts on the top & hat featured? Do you own either item? If so, please share! :)

3 comments:

  1. I like to wear hats, but I'm not a fan of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the Panama hat on in-store and it was only ok on me. I found the style a bit too "travelogue" for city dressing. I much preferred the Trilby hat -- there are a couple of colours in store that aren't online -- and bought it in a honey colour with a grey band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the shirt, and was actually thinking of listing it here for the weekly exchange since I didn't know how to wear it. But after seeing it in the magazine, I decided to keep it! Great marketing J. Crew!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)