Monday, August 30, 2010

J.Crew Email: Dreamy cardi, dreamy price

"Thanks!" to so many of you, including Louisa, Lia, Irina, GoldCoastGal, Desert Flower, Marietta & Just Visiting, as well as wellfedfred & Devon (in this post), who let us know about J.Crew's latest email.

The email features the Dream Open Shawl-Collar Cardigan (Item 29619 ; $118.00) which J.Crew is offering for $80.00 for a limited time. (Offer expires 9/1/10.) J.Crew describes this ready-for-Fall-sweater as:
Perfect when draped over layered looks to add softness and warmth. The 7-gauge knit makes it the just-right-weight sweater to add texture but keep your silhouette streamlined. Made from our special dream yarn—a supersoft cashmere blend that feels just heavenly. Wool/nylon/cashmere. Shawl collar. Long sleeves. Hits at hip. Import. Dry clean.
The navy version seems pretty online. I l-o-v-e the look of shawl collars. Alas, I don't know if I can pull this particular one off.

What are your thoughts on the Dream Open Shawl-Collar Cardigan? Have you seen it in person or tried it on? If so, please share! :)

P.S. I apologize for a delay in response this weekend & today. I just got a new laptop (the old one is dying) and I am in the process of transferring files & programs over.

12 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of this sweater. I ordered it online about a week ago in the heather espresso color. I think it is beautiful. I am worried about the pill-factor since it's Dream wool but it seems to be well made. Luckily CS gave me a price adjustment on this, I was glad. I am considering ordering it in the stone color since I love it so much but not without a free ship code!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty sweater but I don't think I could work the exaggerated collar on my inverted triangle shape. Nice to see a price reduction that isn't Final Sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see this sweater on someone in real life. I'm pretty sure the collar isn't for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those who have purchased this, please let us know how well it holds up. I'm boycotting the Dream sweaters this year because the ones I bought last year pilled HORRIBLY after just a couple of wearings. But I love the colors and styles of the sweaters this year. I'm hoping they're a little more durable this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will not be getting this one as I have enough shawl collar cardigans. I also try to stay away from the Dream yarn unless it is a must color or style.

    Btw, if anyone has the new Dream v-neck Cardigan in Heather Nordic Blue in size Small that isn't working out and will return please let me know. It's sold out online and they are not taking any back orders... grrh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my list too but I have a lot of hair so I'm not to sure about the collar either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't own any Dream sweaters from last year since I try to stick to Merino, but the knit of this cardi does seem well done. Not sure what will happen once I start actually wearing it, but I am hopeful. Tabitha - the collar actually lays very flat. I have a large chest and was worried it was just going to make me look huge but it's actually somewhat slimming. I tried it on under my most fitted coat (the Ingenue from last year) and there is no added bulk. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vowed after 2008 not to purchase any more dream pieces - for me, it was like throwing money in the garbage, since the sweaters weren't even fit for the Salvation Army bag at the end of the season. It was tough last year, 'cause I really loved the shape of last year's Anton sweater, but I stuck to it.

    I agree with xoxo - it's nice to see a non-FS promo. Kind of odd that it's what, 32.5% on one item? But hey, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the looks of this cardigan and the large color. However, I don't care for the dream fabric. So would pass on this unless I could get it for super cheap. $20 anyone?

    I too agree. Nice to see a promo item on sale that is not final sale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As others have already noted, the dream fabric from past years was garbage. Fool me once...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sweater looks beautiful but I am never sure what size I will be. Sometimes the sweaters are huge! Can anyone tell me if this runs big or true to size?

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)