Tuesday, August 31, 2010

J.Crew's Latest Catalog + Jezebel = Hilarious!

"Thanks!" to Lia, as well as Elizabeth (in this post), who shared another {very funny} link from Jezebel about J.Crew's latest September catalog. Click here to read their take in its entirety.
What's Hot For September At J.Crew?
By Dodai Stewart
August 30, 2010


The thick, rich, creamy, dreamy September J. Crew catalog has arrived! Dying to know what's hip, now, outta sight for fall? The answers lie within.

My favorite line might be the one for their page 7 (related to the image shown in the top of this post): "$1200 jackets made from the hide of Snuffleupagus, may he rest in peace." The runner-up is the one for page 2: "Coats as dresses, worn with over-the-knee socks. Sure, you might feel a little warm when sitting down to dinner — and you might flash your crotch to the busboy — but fashion is about sacrifice!"

Remember to read the user comments below— some of them are hysterical!!! The best user comment (for me) is: "Re: Katie Holmes... I wasn't aware the Daleks recruited." I have to give the person major points for the spot-on BBC's Dr. Who reference. I actually like the studded silk dress Katie Holmes is wearing, but it does bear a striking resemblance to the greatest enemies that the Doctor has faced. ;)

17 comments:

  1. Oh poor Snuffleupugus! That is so sad:( LOL!

    I laughed the loudest though at the last one-- WWJD look!! Spot on.

    Seriously. This is the JCrew I fell in LOVE with?????I don't even see THAT JCrew anymore.

    Thanks for the laugh of the day. Need at least one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the people at Crewcuts know about Snuffy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The busboy flash and the WWJD were my faves, and all comments were pretty funny. I would love to email this to Jenna and Mickey, not that they'd pay any attention to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It also looks like a Star Wars Wookie coat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting for them to sacrife Big Bird and Cookie Monster next...it's a sad day on Sesame Street.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the "if grandma were a pricey hooker" comment about vintage-wear, ha! You know what's sad?

    Half these things look like they'd get worn on a "walk of shame." Knee socks and a coat because she can't find her pants, beat up boy boots because she can't find her shoes, etc. I can't think of any of us who would wear this heinous "fashion."

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was funny! Thanks for sharing Alexis.

    @Jill...walk of shame indeed. Can't agree more.

    Just got my hard copy of the catalog last night... can't believe it took this long for the thing to land in my Canadian post box. No coupon of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, Jill, several of us have expressed that we like the styling and would wear these items... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "exterminate!!" alexis, i didn't know you are a doctor who fan. that is seriously awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alexis, thanks for sharing the laughs!!! K. Holmes and the Dalek comment got me too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite thing to do with these wacky JCrew outfits is to picture them on someone I would see in a grocery checkout line. Seriously. Picture one of those outfits on a real live person in front of you at the Kroger -- and what would you think? Someone with a coat and kneesocks? Ha! Not feelin' it Jenna.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite comment was:

    "My grandma was (probably) a hooker, but she doesn't have any vintage accessories.

    Le sigh."


    Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. actually, I wouldn't be that surprised to run into some of these young women at my grocery store and would be thankful for it. If everyone looked the same I would be wearing a straight jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did not know of Snuffleupugus and Daleks/ Dr. who...till I googled them right now after reading this post. The moment I saw their pictures ( they looked liked the clothes on the models...poor things !)...I still can't stop laughing. Thank you all.. great to be around :)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. mjbeet: Exterminate- LOL! I am a big Dr. Who fan (and so is FFM). It's such a great show! Thrilled to know you are a fan too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)