Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Madewell Email: The silk shirt, reinvented

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Ketan, who let us know about Madewell's latest email.

The email features the Silk Bromley Blouse (Item 30822; $98.00) which they lovingly describe as:
A perfectly cool boy-meets-girl look—you'll love the oversize fit and luxuriously soft feel. Silk. Long sleeves. Flap patch pockets. Import. Dry clean.
The shirt look very pretty in the image, although I am not sure about the patch pockets. They are clearly for aesthetics (like anyone is going to put something in there!), but do they work?

But more importantly... Madewell now has an online SALE section (click here to shop). Even better? No "final sale" written anywhere! (Or at least I couldn't find it.) My favorite pick is the Bensimon® Elastic Sneakers (Item 97505; $55.00, now $39.99) in Golden Loom. Just what any girl on holiday in Paris during the Summer would wear! :)

What are your thoughts on the Silk Bromley Blouse? Do you like the style? Do you think the patch pockets are a bonus? ;)

5 comments:

  1. On the Bensimons:

    Their statment "You can't walk a block in Paris without spotting a stylish girl wearing these iconic canvas sneakers" is 100% true. When I purchased a pair of Laclets from Martin and Osa quite a few seasons back they made the very same claim, and I visited France this summer and Bensimon warege was plentiful, not only in big citys like Paris but in little Norman towns as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shirt reminds me of the silk tunics J.Crew had last summer. It looks really soft and slinky. The white wash appears quite sheer, even in the product shot.

    Not crazy about those slouch sweatpants though. Too sloppy for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I was surprised at so much elegance from Madewell. I wish I lived near one to try it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blouse. I am not a huge fan of the pullover, but at the same time it's nice to have no buttons competing w/a belt or waistband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OT, but I know we have many here who are fans of the nearly-extinct J Crew lobster skirt ... there are at least two reasonably-priced ones for sale on ebay right now -- one is a size 6 and is starting at $39.99; the other is an 8 and is starting at only $14.99. Not my auctions nor those of anyone I know.

    Incidentally, the same seller who's got the size 6 is selling a pair of Kinzie peeptoes in size 7.5. I wish my big giant feet would fit into them! I'm not a shoe person at all, but I LOVE those.


    Last but not least, there are two gorgeous Bella jackets on auction. A beautiful gray one I'd kill for (but it's a size 2 -- Momoberry maybe for you? starts at $89.99) and an orange-y herringbone one, size 0.

    And that is all I have to report from the field tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)