Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More on the J.Crew & New Balance Collaboration

As mentioned in previous posts like "J.Crew & New Balance Collaboration" "J.Crew Kicks It Up a Notch with Ads & New Balance", J.Crew is teaming up with New Balance for a new sneaker.

New Balance's online marketing and PR associate contacted me to share their press release about the upcoming product line. More exciting, there are lots of images of the shoes for us to view (click here to view more).
New Balance for J.Crew Collection
10.29.2010– New Balance and J. Crew, two iconic American brands, join forces on a Made-in-USA sneaker collection for Holiday 2010.


Built on New Balance’s legendary 1400 lifestyle silhouette, the New Balance for J. Crew collection was designed, developed and made in New Balance’s Maine factory for the discerning male who appreciates classic styling. The combination of the classic sport styling of New Balance and the clean aesthetic of one of the country’s leading fashion lifestyle brands, J. Crew makes it a perfect collaboration.


The collection features two unique colorways of the 1400 sneaker in premium suedes, which were designed in tandem by J. Crew’s Head of Men’s Design, Frank Muytjens and New Balance. The first, a never-before-created navy and the second, a moss green. In addition, the shoes have domestically tanned leathers from premium made-in-USA partners in an on-going effort to support local American manufacturers.


The limited edition 1400s will be part of the exclusive line at the J.Crew Men's Shop at The Liquor Store in Manhattan as well as the new J.Crew Men's Shop in Copley Plaza, Boston starting early November 2010 and will retail for $130.00. They will also be available online at J.Crew.com and sold in the J. Crew catalog.


The Holiday 2010 collection is the first of an ongoing partnership for the two brands. Stay tuned for more on this collaboration in 2011.


For more close-ups of the 1400 and a glimpse at the production process behind them at the factory in Skowhegan, check out the microsite for the collection HERE.
Again, I think the sneakers do look pretty darn good. I would love to see something for the ladies. :)

Now that you have seen more images of the exclusive New Balance for J.Crew sneakers, do you think you will get a pair? Do you think they should include the Women with this partnership?

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE them. Perfect geeky-nerd-heritage cool for young or old. The colors are wonderful. I would definitely get them if they cut for women. A nice change from Chucks and Jacks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should over for the ladies as well, but that said I wouldn't be getting them. It's just not my style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they come out with some for little boys - NB are all my 3 year old wears and I'd love to get him a cool new color for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I wish they had them for women :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally, having size 11 feet pays off (I can easily wear a men's 9)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shoe, good to see it's made in the states are opposed to over seas. The green is the best colour out of the two. The only downside is the price, Adidas and Asics have similar products for far better prices. Once you factor in shipping, taxes and duty it's much cheaper ( basically two for one) for me to stick with Adidas and Asics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look good but I will pass. I prefer my Jack's (Purcell) plus Converse has some really nice suede ones (including vibrant colors) at the stores down Queen St. in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had them for 3 weeks now and they are great! Can't wait to see what may come in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. agree with jcrew guy in canada. cool sneakers but ive owned tons of NB sneakers and still do...they really aren't that unique looking from the colorways and styles in my closet right now.I dont mind paying top dollar for quality @ times but I get annoyed when J.Crew hypes something up with glittering generalities.

    In hindsight paying $150 for my timex military watch was a real splurge. Many of you have shown you could get an almost exact duplicate for half the price, and it's still timex. I did pay the $195 for the Timex 1600 because i thought it looked great. But $130 for New Balance? It comes to a point where these partnerships they continue to do with other brands really gets annoying. Price markups with no discounts applicable since its a collaboration...it gets frustrating. Id rather kick around in my jack purcells @ $65 than shell out $130 for some NB. Its preposterous.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)