Monday, August 8, 2011

Savor summer: 30% OFF & FREE SHIPPING on women's swim

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Pathos (in this post), as well as Irina, who let us know the following promotion.

J.Crew is offering 30% off AND free shipping on select styles of Women's Swimwear (click here to shop online). This offer expires Thursday, August 11, 2011 and is available online only. The fine print includes:
*Prices as marked. Offer valid on women's swim only and cannot be redeemed for cash or applied to previous purchases. Offer valid at jcrew.com only. Offer is not valid in J.Crew retail or Factory stores or on J.Crew Factory online items. Offer valid through Thursday, August 11, 2011, 11:59pm ET on Internet orders shipped via regular shipping (3 to 6 business days). Free shipping applies only to online orders of women's swim. Free ground shipping on women's swim is applied automatically at checkout. Offer not valid on phone orders. Terms of offer are subject to change at any time.
Honestly, this is one of the best deals I have seen for swimwear! Although the Summer is winding down now, there are still plenty of hot beach days left. :)

Will you be taking advantage of this promotion? Are there any swimwear items from the new arrivals that you are interested in?

P.S. Apologies for the late posting. I went away to Canada for the weekend (yey!) and came back today. And it doesn't help that Yahoo Mail changed my account to the new Beta version which causes my computer & laptop to crash. As a result I have not been checking my email account as much. Hopefully, I should be caught up by tomorrow evening. :)

10 comments:

  1. Welcome Back, Alexis!
    (any Maple Leaf hat sightings?)

    No worries on the catch up- it's good to have you back.

    My J. Crew sales person said that new arrivals will be in the store and online Thursday, August 18th. This includes the "Teddy" dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crew Cricket: Thanks! The drive up to Montreal and back was super long, but the city is gorgeous- so well worth it.

    Thanks for letting us know about new arrivals. I can't wait now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no worries. I'm sure Canada was great! :-)

    I did place an order for a swimsuit but I'm not sure if I'll keep it since it's one size larger than my size. My normal size was already sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday morning I ordered the Tulle retro bikini in black, and then this sale showed up Monday morning. So I am going to try the Plum Floral and the Islet Paisley too. The Tulle was final sale, so I will be stuck if the size doesn't fit, but it was sold out by Monday morning so I am happy I did give it a try. I haven't tried on this years' suits so I am curious about fit and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how are the tops (ruched swing top) in the swim suits? trying to decide if to order small or medium----i take a small in jcrew tops/sweaters...but certainly do not want the top to be too tight....any advice..??!! thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can anyone comment on the fit of the Lomellina one-piece suits? I haven't ordered swimwear before and wonder if it's usually TTS? I'm usually a 4 in pants, 2/4 in perfect shirts, small in t-shirts...small busted but broad back...? I'm inclined to order a 4 but wonder if they fit large.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cliquot: I've tried two Lomellina one-piece suits from last season. IME, they run TTS or slightly snug especially if you're pear shaped like me. I'm small chested but have some hips, so the ruched style (retro style?) I tried was very small and had to size up. The ones with "ruch" tummy style did not have much give when I was trying on.
    Final sale really stinks, since many styles are online only. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back indeed Alexis! I am soooo envious of your Canadian trip! I used to visit Toronto fairly regularly when I lived back in Buffalo, NY, but now that I live the desert I REALLY find myself missing the East Coast and Canada. :( On the bright side this post made me relive all my wonderful memories. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks JCrewphd -- I've just ordered the Asymmetrical ruched bandeau tank. For some reason thought it was one of the Lomellina suits. Oh well! Hopefully it will fit and be flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. jcrewphd: Canada really was lovely! :)

    Shekster: Thanks! Happy to be back too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)