Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can Your Mailbox Handle Madewell?

Awhile back, in the "Madewell Gets Own Catalog" post, we learned that Madewell is offering its very own catalog. "Thanks!" to Sydneygirl (in this post) who shared the following:
OT but my Madewell catalog arrived yesterday. You need a large mailbox since it has dimensions the size of a small newspaper :) It is 32 pages, kind of like a larger version of that thing they had in the stores (foldout page). Nothing like JC catalog in terms of number of pages/items. But it is fun to look through, has some things like a page with different people (diff ages up to 35 which is nice) saying which shirt they like etc). Says Fall 2011, so looks like it won't be a monthly thing. Oh and I also noticed they have some items in XXS now, didn't see that before. Plus the catalog says 'sign up to receive our emails and get 10% off + free shipping on your next madewell.com order'. So I am thinking if you haven't already signed up, or have another email, this should give a code :)
I still haven't received my copy (and so the catalog-waiting-game begins), but I am looking forward to it now! If you have not signed up for the catalog, click HERE.

Will you be adding your name to the Madewell catalog list? Did you already receive your copy? Are you excited they will have their own dedicated catalog?

8 comments:

  1. I'd be more interested in a JCrew catalog, HINT HINT! Bring it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madewell hasn't quite completely reeled me in as yet. Their B&M stores are not as accessible as J. Crew's (and I love my B&M stores, to touch and feel fabric). My last Madewell purchase was from last summer; a small cross body leather bag in a sweet vachetta color that I have worn 9 times out of 10.
    So maybe a Madewell catalog is just the worm that is needed...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received my catalog on Monday and was surprised at how large it is. I think I would prefer if they made them similar to the J.Crew catalogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't received the catalog yet. If they would've popped it in with one of my orders I'd have it by now. Maybe it will be available in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I get my catalog soon. I do wish that it were just a normal format.

    I have been crushing on Madewell lately. I have a couple of new scarves, a blouse and a couple of pairs of shoes. I find the sizing to be a little looser and more boxy on me than some of JC's, so I have had a little difficulty finding the right size, but I have been pleased by the quality of my purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the post was useful Alexis :) I agree with FFM and kitsmommy, I was surprised at how big the catalog is and would prefer it were not so unwieldy... I am looking forward to a store opening close to where I live within the next few months. Having been into a store a couple of times, I think when I can shop instore I may buy from Madewell. I like some of the items a lot right now but so far haven't ordered online. I liked the store but will prefer the chance to go in at leisure and browse and try on. I agree the quality looked good. The SAs were extremely nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received my catalog in the mail today and echo everyone's sentiments on the format being unwieldy due to how big it is. I have ordered from Madewell several times over the last year and the quality, especially in the shoes, has been very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with everyone else's thoughts regarding the catalog size - smaller is better. It also seems like the colors are stronger and images easier to view on a non-newsprint texture.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)