Wednesday, December 7, 2011

J.Crew Looks {match your decor with your outfit!}

A big "thanks!" to Clicquot who shared the following J.Crew-home decorating photo gallery from Canadian House & Home (click here to check it out in its entirety). They share:
Trendsetting American fashion label J.Crew is set to take on a whole new nation of fans — Canadians. The classically preppy retailer opened their first Canuck store in Yorkdale last summer, so their accessories, shoes and clothing are more attainable now. To accompany our interview with president and executive creative director Jenna Lyons in our January 2012 issue, we've matched our favourite J.Crew looks with interiors to illustrate how to bring their signature style home. Learn how to layer patterns, add sparkle, incorporate classic feminine pieces and more!
It's such a clever concept- taking an outfit found in J.Crew's catalogs and creating a room around that style.

This all oddly reminds me of Pottery Barn catalogs. Every once in awhile, Pottery Barn will incorporate J.Crew pieces (like a coat, bag, or piece of jewelry)- perfectly scattered in their polished rooms. It works so well together, making me want to buy everything in sight!

Did you like how the rooms were inspired by J.Crew? Do you think you will try taking J.Crew's style tips from their catalogs for your home decor? Please share!

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Thanks for sharing Alexis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Fun! I actually think that is a fabulous idea. Thanks Alexis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the gallery of photos, and I agree that your home should reflect or evoke your interests, your personal style, your likes, your loves. And yet, and yet - throw pillows done in itchy sheddy poly- nylon- metallic- rabbit fur blend? Sofas whose seat cushions pop their zippers? Chandeliers whose bulbs fall off like beads and buttons? Replacing my antique leather/studded trunk with a glaring yellow metal suitcase? Mystery metal candlesticks? Nuh-uh, I don't think a literal interpretation of "put JC in your home " will work for me just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canadian House and Home is a great publication. I've been a subscriber for over ten years and they consistently do an incredible job. Good to know that Canadians can be known for more than snow, maple syrup and hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonight we get a new promo! What will it be?

    Is it stilly that I look forward to a promo ending?

    Last year there were 5-6 (can't remember exactly) different promos throughout December. I've prepared my lists and sticking to them because I know how the crewlade can get to you. No impulse shopping for me, just some good clean fun. : )

    I should stay on topic... at first I thought it is silly, to identify an outfit with a home. Then it hit me. We all have a style that we enjoy so it does naturally reflect in our homes too. I guess I should start taking my review pictures next to the sofa in my home that best coordinates with my outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)