Tuesday, March 20, 2012

J.Crew of Season's Past: {a look in the closet}

It's that time again, to take a look at an image of J.Crew pieces from seasons past! As caribbelle (in this post) so beautifully termed, "ye olde j crew of yore".

This post features the Georgina Silk Shirtdress ($198.00)- a fabulous shirt dress from 2007. I adore the style of the dress- besides being a shirt dress (yey!), I love the short sleeves, band collar, and button-front closure.

What are your thoughts on the look(s)/item(s) from the past? Do you find the look(s)/item(s) classic or do you think they are dated?

7 comments:

  1. I love this dress... I always seem to miss it on eBay! The styling in the first pic is really cute and timeless, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite dresses! I have it in black and am always searching on ebay for the lighter color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I adore this dress. They also used the design of the top part of the dress to make a blouse in a linen blend (I think it was called the Emmeline?). That is one of my favourite blouses of all time! I got it in the navy, and by the time I I decided I wanted it in other colours, it was sold out. Every time I wear it, my husband notices and says how nice I look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these pics. I love how the dress is styled in the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For anyone searching, I just came across this on EBAY, (not my listing . . .or my size unfortunately). The listing is for a black or a cream dress! And the price is not too bad for NWOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, here's the link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Silk-Pleated-Chiffon-JCREW-dress-/251022937936?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&var=&hash=item3a72220f50#ht_500wt_1413

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in white and black dresses. Loved both outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)