Monday, May 14, 2012

CNBC Story about Mickey Drexler {another look on catalogs!}


"Thanks!" again to Ruth of CNBC who shared with us another sneak peek of the CNBC story about Mickey Drexler & J.Crew. (Refer to the "Meet The Mastermind Behind J.Crew" and "CNBC Story about Mickey Drexler {coming soon!}" posts for more info.)

This time, we see Jenna Lyons and crew reviewing the final details from outfits & models for their catalogs.

I loved the behind the scenes look of how the catalog comes together. (Makes me want to see more!) It is so interesting to see how many people (including set designers and manicurists!) are involved, and how many days (120 shooting days a year!) it takes for the 13 editions J.Crew publishes annually.

I completely agree that the catalog is a revenue driver. I definitely consult with a copy before ordering anything online.

Will you be checking out Mickey Drexler's story on CNBC? Are you excited to see the inner-workings of J.Crew? Will you be recording the show, like I will?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sneak peek! I love anything that offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse.

    Of course the catalog generates revenue! Customers have been using it for years as a "Style Guide."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of sneaking a peek at what makes the catalogs we love to peruse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know when this will be airing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I used to save and save and never throw out a JCrew catalog starting around 2004ish to 2009. Now they all end up in the trash/recycling...they no longer have that I must keep appeal to me. I do still have all my old ones though:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see the behind-the-scenes videos. Thanks for sharing the sneak peek! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)