Thursday, January 31, 2013

JCA "Help Style Me!" Weekly Post

This is the weekly "Help Style Me!" post, where we can share items we are having trouble putting outfits together with. Elaine (in this post) says it best, "You know, that thing you bought because you love it and you keep pulling it out and then putting it away without wearing it?"

Please share your J.Crew item (either that you own or are thinking about getting) that you would love help creating an outfit with.

Also, please help out by offering your styling advice. Feel free to include links to your blog (where you incorporated that piece) or to Polyvore (where you showcased an outfit with that piece). Thanks in advance! :)

9 comments:

  1. I'm about to purchase the Giant Bow sweater in mint/black on ebay. Does anybody know if the mint part is fairly see-through, and will I need to wear a tank with it? I wear xxs in Tippi, and it's not tight, but perfectly fitted, and I can wear a tank underneath the lighter colored ones without looking bulky. Can anyone advise if the Giant Bow fits similarly, or will layering (if necessary) might create bulk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The giant bow sweater didn't come in mint/black from J Crew.

      Delete
    2. Sorry about that! Probably a typo - I just didn't want her to think she was getting a mint and black sweater on ebay that said it was from J Crew.

      Delete
  2. I styled the herringbone blazer in neon pink here. I was able to get this on super sale in a tall 8 a couple weeks ago online, but I was at J. Crew outlet recently and they have a version right now that looks the exact same!

    I styled the circle-dot chambray popover

    here. Love this amazing shirt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JCAs. Review of the collection cropped velvet pants in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, any ideas on how to style the new gilded brocade top? I am loving it but curious to see what others are thinking for this piece? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, don't laugh. I have vintage "Dean" crewneck sweater in charcoal heather. It's my warmest sweater. I would like to wear it this winter to office on casual days. First, is it too dated? If not, how would you wear it? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why my reply won't work :( but yes, I did mean MIST/black, sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)